I was thinking about how difficult we find the amount of work we have to juggle this year. I then realised it is only another stumbling block and we have been training our whole life for it.
These are a few obstacles I, and probably most of you too, had to deal with when growing up.
- Getting potty trained (realizing you need to ‘go’)
- Taking your first few steps
- Getting dressed by yourself
- Wiping your own bum when finished poohing
- To stop wetting your bed
- Eating without the help of your mother and without making a mess
- Walking in your mothers’ high heels when playing dress up without falling down
- Playing with your mothers’ make-up without getting caught
- Tying your own hair
- Learning to write your own name
- Learning to color in between the lines
- Learning not to drink your fathers’ beer next to the couch when he is not looking.
- Learning to ride a bicycle
- Had to learn the hard way that when mommy says no you can run to daddy!! ;)
- Realising your to big to fit in the trolley
- Realising you are too big to get carried around anymore, from now on you have to walk everywhere (Darn)
- Having to get up early and deal with the sand eating freaks at the nursery school.
- Getting up for primary school
- Getting into clubs when not 18 years of age yet. :-O
- Getting your drivers license
- Getting through Btech (Joke)
Even though we are almost finished growing, we will always stumble upon a few more obstacles as we go along. It will never stop; in fact, the obstacles will probably keep on getting much larger as time passes by. They are part of life and molded you into who you are today and you will become.