Sunday 20 March 2011

We are afraid of the wrong things.


We are afraid of the dark, spiders, snakes, not wearing the right clothes, not being skinny or funny enough, being poor, to stay at home while all our friends are at a party, because we might miss something. Some people are afraid of clowns, heights, small spaces, lifts or not being in the “in” crowd, not having the biggest stereo or T.V., or the most expensive shoes. We are afraid to lose our “high riding” status (in our own eyes) and our money (if we have any).
.
We forget to say “I love you” to a loved one, because we are afraid to. We keep thinking that we can tell them tomorrow. What if tomorrow never comes? What if someone close to you dies? You didn’t even bother to tell them you love them, or bother to make them that cup of coffee they wanted so badly…well, now you don’t have to make it anymore.

Everyday of my life, somewhere during the day it passes my mind. It passes my mind that I can lose someone I love today, or that God can take me to heaven, even if I’m not ready yet and there is so much I still want to do here on earth. That is what I fear the most.

That is scary.

2 comments:

  1. I think you are a good person Margs, but have to agree with Aims.. just live without regrets! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww..unfortunately what you fear is something we have no control over..have to find a way to accept that it is God's Will

    ReplyDelete