Sunday 5 June 2011

Being grateful

I am truly grateful for lying in my warm bed every night, in my warm comfortable winter pj’s. I am grateful for all the yummy food I get to eat every single day, I am grateful for my amazing parents who gives me everything that I want. I am grateful for my sister and my family and friends, and for the new people I get to meet everywhere I go. I am thankful for the hot water I get to shower in everyday and for the home I get to live in. I am thankful for my pets, and that we can afford to feed them and take care of them and give them a loving home. I am thankful to get to drive a car and to own a Blackberry to constantly communicate with loved ones. I am thankful to get to study and to be free to do what I like when I like. I appreciate who I am and what I get to do. I’m very thankful to be healthy and to get medicine when I’m I’ll. I’m thankful that my family and I can go to the doctor when ever we don’t feel well, because there are endless amounts of people who aren’t so lucky. I appreciate to have money so that I can go out and have fun. I am thankful for going to school and learning how to read and write. Thank you for my childhood! I learned to ride a bike and I got to play in the mud, I got to do silly stuff that my parents found extremely funny. I got to ride on the back of my neighbors’ dog and I got to wear my mom’s high heels, fall down in them just to learn to get back up. I’m thankful for the music and the mall. I’m thankful for all the animals and the ocean. I’m thankful that I get to see all of this and I’m thankful that I get to be thankful.

We take a LOT of things for granted, even toilet paper. Think about it…what do you do when you go to the bathroom and after you’ve done your business you realize there is no toilet paper? You PANIC and call someone to bring you some.

There are many, many, many people out there who do not have something as simple as toilet paper. They sleep in the cold and go hungry for days.

Next time when you are in your bed wrapped in all those warm blankets but its so cold you still get the shakes, you think about the people and the animals on the street who’s got NOTHING, before you open your mouth and start to moan about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment